- The donation of electrons by NADH (& FADH2)
- The active transport of H+ ions into the intermembrane space
- The final electron accepting by oxygen to become water
- The flow of H+ ions back through ATP Synthase
- The creation of ATP from ADP by ATP Synthase
The 2 GIFs above show a life-like animation of the Electron Transport Chain & ATP Synthase
The 3 GIFs above show animated versions as well Pay particular attention to:
Notice the rotation of ATP Synthase and the formation of ATP (small purple molecule) from ADP (small blue molecule).
Albeit extra details, these 2 GIFs show how the rotation of ATP Synthase opens up active sites that bond to ADP and a phosphate group and then physically join the two together for form ATP which is then released.
Current Unit (Biology)
Prepare for your next assessment...